Sunday 11 January 2009

Dreams

This last week I have been blessed with two great dreams about U2. The first one, on Wednesday, was about going to a U2 concert on the upcoming tour. I think I had it in my mind to wonder about what format the gigs would take, and where U2 would take us this time. So in my dream I was at the concert, and remember being near the front, and Bono was doing all kinds of weird things. It was more like a play than a concert, with Bono doing lots of soliliquies and being quite theatrical.

In the Q interview, Bono says that they can't talk about the live shows, but that what they have planned for outdoors is groundbreaking. That reminded me of another dream I had about the shows a few weeks ago. They had a moveable stage that could be lifted by giant cranes to any part of the stadium, so that every one of the audience had a chance to be "at the front".

Anyway... back to my second dream this week, which happened to be last night. I was in town and passed by a pub and Bono was sitting outside at the tables there, surrounded by a film crew, singing. He was using an "experimental" style and sounded so different to how he usually does. Same voice, but with a different tone. But his mannerisms were very Bono and he was rocking back and forth in the chair (I got that image from the latest Rolling Stone article!). The filming was drawing a crowd, so the directors suggested moving to inside the pub. There was a room at the back. I was allowed to follow them in, and the filming of the song continued in there. In between shooting, Bono was chatting away to Adam, and signing the occasional autograph.

I know all these dreams are due to my speculating about the tour and the album... and I hope they continue.

No comments: