Monday 25 February 2008

Wipe Your Tears Away!

I just got back from a weekend in Manchester where I succumbed to the magic of U23D no less than 4 times! I only planned to go once (with the knowledge deep down that I would probably go twice), but it was a surprise even to me that I would see it 4 times! Talk about overdosing, but what a way to get high!!!

My friend Sue and I saw it on Friday with a friend (Dawn) who had travelled down from Dumfries. To say we were stunned is an understatement. I won't detail too much of it here for the benefit of those who haven't seen it yet, but suffice it to say we were in tears from the very first moments of Vertigo - it just crashes in on you right from the start.

The concert itself, all technology aside, is amazing, and Bono is on fantastic form. It was very powerful and moving.

The next day, the friend from Dumfries had to go home, so me and Sue went to the afternoon showing, just to keep the drug in our veins!!! You spot things the second time that you didn't notice the first time.

That night we went to the Comedy Store to see a show and to have dinner. With a few glasses of wine in us, we wondered what it would be like to have Bono popping out at you when you were inebriated.... so, not wanting to die not knowing that, we went to the late night showing!!! U23D when you are drunk is everything you thought it would be and more.

And finally, not wanting to leave the weekend on an uneven 3.... I phoned my husband and suggested he come down to Manchester to see it with me before I headed home. He did, so I went through it all a 4th time. The things you have to do....!!!! Anyone who hasn't seen it yet, you are in for the best treat of your life!!!

No comments: