Tuesday 3 May 2011

Travel Season!

On Thursday I'm off to Carlisle to visit my friend Sue. It's been a long time since we got together and we're way overdue a bottle of Veuve! We bought it ages ago and will finally be drinking it on Saturday night.

On Friday we're off to Falkirk for the night to see tribute band NU2. We are both looking forward to that. It will be our last chance to see them as they are actually disbanded now and are just getting together this one time for a special gig to raise money for the Falkirk Football Academy.

Three weeks after I get back from Sue's I will be off to Santorini, a gorgeous Greek island, for two weeks. I have been visiting Greece for over 20 years and Santorini is the only place I have ever revisited. This will be my third time. The combination of pristine white buildings, narrow winding streets with sophisticated and eclectic shops, fabulous restaurants, dramatic volcanic landscape (complete with black sand beaches), and sunsets that people throng the streets in the main town to witness, makes Santorini a very special place and I can't wait to be back.

I'll be blogging about both trips, so check back soon.

No comments: