Monday 6 March 2006

Ten Days To NU2

I've been checking out the new chat forum on NU2's website this weekend, and it's getting me in the mood. Sue and I are off to see them on St. Patrick's Day. What could be better? Seeing a U2 tribute on St. Paddy's Day.... perfect. I am really looking forward to it. It is so long since the U2 shows, and it will be nice to get a kind of fix. It is almost like the real thing - always a good atmosphere. For anyone who hasn't been to see these lads (unfortunately at the moment then only do gigs up in Scotland), I will post a review on here after we get back.

Anyway, on the forum, people are talking about the gig they did on Friday night last at the Cumbernauld Theatre. They played for over two hours, and blasted through tons of stuff. Apparently they got a standing ovation, and I think it was for "Sometimes", which I know they do particularly well. It's amazing that a song that is such a personal one for Bono can be done with such emotion and feeling by someone else. Sue and I can attest that the lead singer does it incredible justice. When we saw it in Dumfries with our friend Dawn, we gave it a standing ovation too.

Apart from the NU2 gig, I am looking forward to the trip in general. I am working a three day week next week (every week should be the same as far as I am concerned) and then travelling to Carlisle on Thursday morning, to spend the evening at Sue's before we head to Glasgow on the Friday. I enjoy Sue's company very much, and no doubt we will imbibe quite a bit of wine and put the world to rights. :)

Look out for my account of our time there. I am sure I will have something to say. But for now, back to getting through the working week. It's been snowing here a little today and it is quite chilly. I hope we don't have bad weather up in Glasgow.

No comments: