Sunday 2 December 2007

Did We Have A Great Time? Abso-fuckin-lutely!

Okay, so it is just after midday and I have just got out of bed after sleeping for just 4 and a half hours! My last guest left at 6am... the sight of her tottering to the taxi in trench coat, knee length boots and pyjamas will stay in my memory for a while! "Hello, Pyjama Girl," the taxi driver shouts through his window (she had told them on the phone that she was wearing pyjamas. In fact, she had been telling everyone within earshot all night).

As I shut the door, I see her Victoria Beckham jeans and Italian sweater, strewn on the floor where she had left them over ten hours ago!

What a great night. Everyone turned up and there was so much food! Lovely mini duck in filo pastry with dips from Jan, satay chicken, wings, quiche, wedges... you name it, we had it.

Gemma and I became experts at mixing the Cosmopolitans and we imbibed many glasses! It was so great that my workmates (old and new) got along. Janis was a "Sex and the City" virgin but we managed to convert her. It was lovely to watch her reaction to something so familiar to us - to see how she took to the characters.

Thanks to Janis, Ruth, Gemma and Janet for coming and making it a really fun night.

Now I am off to lie on the sofa. Hangovers don't cure themselves!

No comments: