Wednesday 25 March 2009

Off to Dublin

I am off to Dublin for a few days today. In a few hours I will be there. I just need to perfect the art of cramming all my toiletries into an A5 sized plastic bag, since I am not checking anything in! I read the advice on the Manchester Airport page, and I think I am sailing a little close to the wind, but I have graded my stuff in order of what I can ditch if I need to, so wish me luck! Ha ha.

This trip has been made possible by Sue, who invited me to stay with her while she house sits for a friend in Dun Laoghaire. We have a lovely, cosy home to call our own for the time we are there. And there is even a cat!!

Tonight we are going out to eat at La Strada, our favourite restaurant in Dun Laoghaire, and one we have visited many times. Tomorrow we are eating in, and then on Friday, our new favourite place in Dublin, the Town Bar and Grill. A tad more expensive than most places we go to, but the food and the ambience is well worth the money. Well, if you don't go when there is a party on as we did near Christmas last year. Then, it is a nightmare and you can't even hear yourself think! You can't even hear yourself burp though, which is quite handy!!

So, I will be updating my blog when I get back. Cheerio!

No comments: