Wednesday 23 February 2011

Happy Hump Day!

The first time I heard the term "Hump Day" was in the late nineties. I was in America visiting a friend in Fayetteville and every Wednesday, some pubs were advertising "Hump Day" and selling cheap beer. After the hilarious image that the phrase elicited in my mind had subsided, I realised that they were talking about Wednesday being the hump of the week, and after you get over it, it's a nice, easy, downhill slide toward the weekend! Makes sense.

Just recently the phrase has started to be used over here too, and it always makes me chuckle, but I always find myself saying it at work to my workmates. A midweek tradition now.

So this hump day I have been sending more of my children out into the world. In other words, four more samples of my novel are winging their way to London agents. A writer friend of mine advised me to "saturate" the market with them. I am doing it bit by bit because it is quite an expensive process, with every one I send out needing return postage. I hope that the investment eventually pays off – or else I will definitely get "the hump"!!!

What are you all doing this Hump Day? I would love to know!

No comments: