Sunday 20 February 2011

Successful Sunday

Sundays are usually pretty dead days. After the unwinding of Friday nights (where some alcohol is imbibed and lots of TV watched with feet up) and the activity of Saturdays (this week shopping and hairdresser and nice meal with hubby – tuna steaks done really rare, and a bottle of Muscadet), Sunday is the day when I gear myself up for the coming week, but rarely get anything done.

Not so today. I've been very productive.

I've uploaded loads of tunes onto my iPod, and it was well overdue because I have not put anything on there for months! I need to get it filled up in time for my holiday to Greece, and then after that my trip to Canada and America.

I've worked on getting 5 more submissions of my book out to agents; just the synopsis and 3 chapters, which will hopefully spur a request for the full manuscript. I am still awaiting replies to a few I sent a couple of weeks ago, but this process takes time and many agents take 6 to 8 weeks to get back to you. So I have learned to be patient. The frustrating thing is that very few agents accept electronic submissions, so it's an expensive and long-winded process. But nothing good ever came without a little investment.

The other thing I did today was start on my next project, which is something of a slight diversion for me, away from my usual book writing. I won't give too much away right now, but it's something that should not take too long but will keep my writing muscle flexed while I ponder my next novel and put that together in my head.

More details to follow. J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very good:) i love bono :) you are luck :)