Thursday 17 April 2008

On My Travels Again...

My working week is over at last!! I have only worked three days this week but it seems longer. I have been looking forward to this day for ages. My train to Carlisle was at 12.45 so I didn't have to get up too early either. Bliss.

The journey passed relatively smoothly and uneventfully, apart from when I fell asleep and didn't make my usual phone call to Sue from Penrith - yikes! But it could have been worse. I could have woken up in Edinburgh, which would have been ironic since I am going there tomorrow.

But the scenery outside the train was breathtaking - the Pennines really are beautiful. I managed, eventually, to phone Sue and she came to pick me up from the station. Back to her place, and a nice cup of tea. I had discovered, on reading my travel journal on the way, that the last time I had been at Sue's was just over a year ago - 31st March 2007 to be precise. It does not seem that long ago, but then we have seen each other a lot, just in different places.

There were a few subtle changes in decor in her flat, but nothing major. As usual, I settled in within about 5 minutes and it was like I had been there yesterday. After we had sat and chatted for a while, Sue went to pick Julie up from the station. The poor girl had been on a bus for over 10 hours! Eventually, we were all together and we had a chinese for tea.

Our weekend had started!

No comments: