Wednesday 21 January 2009

I'm so excited!!!!

I am off to The Brits on Feb 18th with Sue!!! Can't believe it. I was at work when Sue started to frantically text and email me, and she found tickets and booked them and by 11.30 it was all done! When I got the email to say we had tickets I almost screamed out loud in the office!!!

Unfortunately, I actually forgot about an interview I had scheduled for 11.30, but I think I bluffed it and we started at 11.40 instead! Ha ha.

My mind has been whirring ever since I found out we are going! What to wear (it will be cold out but they don't allow jeans at the event!!! How mad is that?!) and then I had to book a train, which I managed to do for £32.

Sue booked the hotel and so now we are all set.

I am so pleased with the line up too. Apart from our boys, we have The Kings of Leon, Coldplay, Take That, Pet Shop Boys, Girls Aloud and Duffy (listed in order of my preference)... and the presenters are people I like too... James Corden, Matthew Horne (both have done very funny stuff on TV) and of course can't forget Kylie.

This is putting me in mind of the last time Sue and I went to an awards event... the IRMAs at the Point Depot in Dublin. That time we were VIP, but that's a whole other story (not half as exciting as you might think! U2 didn't play at that one.).

A BIG, BIG thanks to Sue for booking it all today. Thank goodness you are not at work!

1 comment:

Sue Fell said...

It pays to be a retiree! I still can't believe we're going!