Sunday 18 January 2009

I'm too distracted...

... to do any work!!

That's my excuse... and actually, it isn't an excuse. It's a serious reason! U2 are distracting me from working on my book, because instead of character development and plot lines, all that is in my head is the knowledge that tomorrow morning the new single will be played and that I will at long last get a taste of the new U2. And now, I've just been told that tonight the Obama Inaugural Celebration is being shown on Sky TV, so of course I will have to stop for that! To say I am excited is an understatement.

It's really weird, because for some reason, this time everything seems a million times more intense than in previous years. I've waited for U2 albums before, waited for concerts, been excited about the new single being played for the first time. But this time is a lot different, and my excitement greater. I am not sure why that is. Maybe it's because I feel we are perched on the edge of a new direction for U2. And another classic. This album could be another Joshua Tree in terms of being a seminal album, and an Achtung Baby in terms of being groundbreaking and going off in some dizzying direction.

I've ridden the rollercoaster with U2 many times over the years, but this time it feels like I am about to do it without a safety harness!!

2 comments:

Sue Fell said...

All I can say is be disciplined - remember??!!!

DebbiV said...

LOL. Yes I know I must be and I will be - honest!! Just let me get the new single out of the way!!!

I am determined to stick to my planned writing schedule this week. It will be easy because Keith is working late each night, so hopefully I will get a lot done before he comes home.