Friday 2 January 2009

The Wee Small Hours

I can't sleep!! It's just after midnight on Friday, I have to get up at 4.30, and I am sitting here in the living room with my laptop on my knee. The neighbours next door are screaming at each other, running up and down the stairs, and banging doors. And Keith (my husband) is snoring away upstairs.

I have no chance.

The good thing is that I only have to work today (and only until 2pm - although still an 8 hour shift) and then I am off for the weekend. The bad thing is that I have comitted to going to the gym after work, so will have to drag myself through that. Oh well, it's all for the greater good.

One of the reasons I can't sleep is that my mind is whizzing with thoughts and ideas. I made a promise to myself to write more every day, and spent a very fruitful few hours today working on my book and also on some other projects. I am awash with ideas, and totally changed the beginning of my story. I am so pleased with the result... excited.... fired up. Something has exploded in my head - a balloon filled with words and pictures, and light and colour. For the first time in ages I am excited about my book.

One of the other projects I am going to be working on is a screenplay! I have only dipped my toe into that before, many years ago, but have been doing extensive research into the craft lately and plan to write something for submission to the BBC! I wrote a script years ago, but was ignorant to the formatting of it, and now I plan to adapt that script to a proper screenplay. I am also going to change it considerably, adding new elements.

2009 is going to be a busy year for me!!!

Right, now I really must try to get some sleep... but first.... just another paragraph...?

No comments: